This is a constantly changing area of law that can be tricky to navigate for employers and employees alike. The earlier you can get correct advice, the better. We like to give our clients clear, practical advice from the outset to not only help you avoid the pitfalls but also to get the most out of your employment relationships.
Our Employment Law Department advises on all aspects of the employment relationship for both employers and employees.
Employment law areas we can help you with include:
- Personal grievance claims
- Drafting and negotiating terms of employment agreements
- Correct procedures for hiring, disciplining and dismissing employees
- Restraint of trade, confidentiality and non-competition
- Advice on redundancies and restructuring
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Health and safety issues
- Advice on employee obligations and entitlements, including the Holidays Act 2003, the Wages Pro-tection Act, Parental Leave and KiwiSaver.